Liar's Dice is a bluffing game using dice -- and a great way to pass the time with friends and family. Liar’s Dice is also known as Perudo, Dudo, or Call My Bluff. Similar to Poker, it's a game of bluffing and deception where players use their skills to outwit and outsmart their opponents.
Keep reading to learn how to play, or if you'd rather jump in and learn in real time, jump into a game on the pop.in app!
The objective of Liar's Dice is to be the last player with dice remaining.
The game can be played with any number of players, but it's best with at least three or more players. The game requires a cup or container to shake the dice, and a surface to play on. The surface should be large enough to hold all the dice and cups of each player.
- Roll Dice: Each player rolls five dice and hides them from the other players.
- Bid: The starting player makes a bid by stating a number and a face value (e.g. "two sixes" or "three fours"). The next player then has the option to either raise the bid (e.g. "three sixes") or challenge the previous bid.
- Challenge: If a player challenges a bid, all players reveal their dice. If the bid is valid (i.e. there are at least as many dice of the face value bid as were stated), the player who made the bid wins the round. If the bid is not valid, the player who made the bid loses the round.
- Elimination: The player who loses a round must remove one of their dice from play. The game continues with the next player making a bid.
- Winning the Game: The game continues until only one player has dice remaining, who is declared the winner.
Tips for Winning
To win at Liar's Dice, you need to be skilled at reading your opponents and predicting their actions. Here are some tips that can help you succeed at the game:
- Pay attention to your opponents' bids and body language. Watch for any signs of bluffing or hesitation.
- One strategy could be to be conservative with your bids, especially in the early rounds. One could start with a lower bid and build up as the game progresses.
- Another strategy could be to start with a higher bid, as it would be more likely that in a few moves, someone would be forced to bluff.
- Use your dice strategically. If you have several dice with the same number, you can use them to your advantage by bidding on that number.
- Don't be afraid to challenge your opponents. Challenging a bid can be risky, but it can also be rewarding if you're right.
- Keep track of the number of dice that have been removed from play. This will help you make more accurate bids later in the game.
pop.in and play Liar's dice with friends!
Liar's Dice is a fun and exciting game that requires skill, strategy, and a little bit of luck. With the right tactics and a little bit of practice, you can become a master at this classic game. So gather friends and family, or join a game with real people on the pop.in app! Pop.in also has other games like Spades, Hearts, or even a collaborative crossword to play with friends. There are daily tournaments in the app for all of your favorite games, with the chance to win real prizes!