Effective Date: May 20th, 2018
Managing Your Information Preferences
Information We Collect
- We only collect information that you choose to share with us. As a requirement to log into pop.in, you must provide your mobile phone number. We use it to send you a verification code and make sure you are a person and not a bot. Beyond that, you may choose to share your email and social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook). The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some pop.in features.
- We also collect Personal Information from you when you access pop.in and elect to provide Personal Information. For example, you may choose to share your real name or upload a photo of yourself.
- Our app may collect certain additional information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the application. We may also use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location. If you do not want us to have your location information, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application
Usage Data and Site Activity
- We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the app. For example, each time you use pop.in we may automatically collect the type of Web browser you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the pages you view, and the time and duration of your visits.
- This usage data may be associated with your account, but we do not disclose the associated information to third parties. We may store such usage data itself and/or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by pop.in or service providers (for example the analytics provider Mixpanel).
- We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors, the number of visitors to each page, etc. We use this information to help us understand how people use pop.in, and to enhance pop.in.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- At this time, Company does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking, including “do-not-track” signals. You can remove persistent cookies and change your privacy preferences by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. However, certain features of the Site or Services may not work if you delete or disable cookies. Some of our Service Providers may use their own cookies and Web beacons in connection with the services they perform on our behalf, as further explained below.
How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose it
- We will provide you with access to and to support your use of pop.in and to monitor your use of pop.in via our analytics tools. We will also give you the opportunity to store, review, delete and edit Personal Information and other information by clicking “support” in your profile.
- From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests and other special offers. If you elect to participate in these services, you will need to provide certain Personal Information.
- If you contact us by e-mail or otherwise, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- If (and only if) you opt-in, pop.in may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future to tell you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of pop.in, we may conduct research on its customers’ demographics, interests and behavior. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this data with advertisers, researchers, business partners, publications, and other third parties. This information will not identify you personally.
- We may use your Personal Information, aggregated Personal Information and other non-personally-identifiable information collected through the Site and Services to help us improve pop.in -- content and functionality, to better understand our users and to improve the Services.
Information You Make Available to Others
By using pop.in, including creation of a profile or submission of public queries, you may make certain of your Personal Information available to others, such as your name (if you share it), your username, and your picture. This information may be accessed by users who use pop.in and may be accessed by commercial search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, and Bing
Third Party Services and Applications
- Through pop.in, you may elect to access third-party services and applications, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social networks. When you do so, you may be able to import information from those other services and applications and share content with those services. Some of those third-party services may also provide us with information from your accounts, which may enable us to enhance and personalize your use of pop.in. If you elect to enable such third-party services or applications, the information you share with them will be subject to their privacy policies and your privacy settings. You can control whether your activity is sent to third-party services and applications by changing the relevant settings in your pop.in account. You also may be able to control or block such sharing by changing your privacy settings in such services or applications. Third parties may collect, but we do not authorize them to collect, personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use pop.in.
- From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours. For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by pop.in.
- As of this time, we have partnered with Google Analytics and Firebase in a way that collects user information. Both are compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with pop.in. If pop.in is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets or equity, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
- pop.in will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other content and information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of pop.in or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on a publicly available page or any other public forum on pop.in, others may access that information. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and other information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through pop.i, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States in a way that’s fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Site or Services, you agree that the applicable laws in the United States will govern the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications.